PARTICIPATION IN THIS AUCTION, WHETHER IN PERSON, BY AGENT, ABSENTEE BID, TELEPHONE, VIA OUR IN-HOUSE BIDDING PLATFORM SRAG-LIVE, OR THROUGH EXTERNAL INTERNET PLATFORMS LIKE LIVEAUCTIONEERS, IMPLIES YOUR ACKNOWLEDGEMENT AND ACCEPTANCE OF THESE "TERMS & CONDITIONS OF SALE".
Please note that if you choose to participate through external internet platforms such as LiveAuctioneers, your participation will also be subject to their specific terms and conditions in addition to our Terms & Conditions of Sale.
If there are any aspects of these terms or conditions that are unclear, we urge you to seek clarification from the San Rafael Auction Gallery before registering. THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS ARE NON-NEGOTIABLE AND NO EXCEPTIONS WILL BE MADE.
1. BUYER'S PREMIUM ON ALL LOTS PURCHASED
In-House and SRAG-Live Online Bidders: 25% of the "Hammer Price" on all items.
LiveAuctioneers Online Bidders: 30% of the "Hammer Price" on all items.
2. All lots are to be paid in full by cash, approved check, MasterCard, or Visa at the close of the auction.
ALL TRANSACTIONS INVOLVING JEWELRY, GOLD, OR ANY CUMULATIVE PURCHASE OVER $5,000 MUST BE PAID VIA BANK WIRE TRANSFER ONLY.
3. All purchases will be subject to 9.25% California sales tax unless the buyer presents a valid resale certificate at the time of registration through our website or by email. California sales tax will be applied to 1) The Hammer Price and 2) the Buyer's Premium.
4. Purchases made from out of state must be shipped by a common carrier; otherwise, California Sales Tax will apply. LiveAuctioneers will collect sales tax for each state and municipality, as applicable or required by law, for all successful LiveAuctioneers bidders. LiveAuctioneers bidders may file a resale certificate directly with them prior to checkout.
5. The highest bidder will be the buyer at the "hammer price", and any dispute will be resolved at the Auctioneer's absolute discretion.
6. The Auctioneer reserves the right to refuse any bid and to advance the bidding as deemed appropriate. In the event of identical bids, in-house bids will take precedence over other bids regardless of when the bid was placed.
7. All lots must be removed at the buyer's expense by the Wednesday following the auction. Any lots remaining after this period may incur a storage fee of $5 per day, per lot purchased. In addition, any item not collected within 60 days of the auction will be considered abandoned and may be resold or discarded.
8. Ownership of the lot shall not pass to the buyer until the purchase price has been paid in full, but the lot shall be at the buyer's risk in all respects from the fall of the hammer.
9. Any representation or statement by The San Rafael Auction Gallery, Inc. as to authorship, attribution, genuineness, origin, date, age, provenance, condition, or estimated selling price is a statement of opinion only. Buyers are encouraged to consult their own experts or appraisers. Neither The San Rafael Auction Gallery nor its staff shall be held liable for the accuracy of such opinions.
10. No returns or refunds will be issued. The San Rafael Auction Gallery, Inc. makes no warranties, express or implied, regarding any lot's size, quality, condition, or value. All measurements, sizes and weights are approximate.
11. There may be minimums placed on select items.
12. All lots are sold AS IS, WHERE IS. ALL SALES ARE FINAL.
The San Rafael Auction Gallery does not wrap, pack, or ship items. All shipping charges will be borne by the successful bidder. If a sale is canceled, shipping or return shipping costs will not be refunded. For a shipping quote prior to bidding, please contact one of the shippers listed on our website or a shipper of your choice. They will require the lot number, a brief description, the approximate selling price, and your shipping address. They will arrange for pickup, packing, and shipping of your items. Lots purchased via the internet will only be mailed to the verified shipping address provided through SRAG-Live or LiveAuctioneers, NO EXCEPTIONS.
YOUR BID AT THIS AUCTION, WHETHER IN PERSON, THROUGH AN AGENT, ABSENTEE BID, TELEPHONE, VIA SRAG-LIVE, OR INTERNET MEANS SUCH AS LIVEAUCTIONEERS, IMPLIES YOUR ACKNOWLEDGEMENT AND ACCEPTANCE OF THESE "TERMS & CONDITIONS OF SALE".